Families experience a variety of changes throughout the years. Family members change and adapt to various new situations that come up in life.
Families can get stuck in negative communication patterns which inadvertently push family members away from each other. Sometimes traumas like divorce or separation can create gaps in communication and can also elicit extreme emotions within everyone in the family.
I can assess the family interactions and help examine the current patterns. From there, we can work together to create new, positive, functional patterns that can transform the way your family interacts and ultimately how each family member handles his or her emotions.
Common Presenting Symptoms:
- One or more children acting out
- One or more children changing to a different stage in life (becoming teens, etc.)
- Martial or Caregiver conflicts
- Addiction within the family
- Traumas like divorce, death, etc.