Starting something new can be really scary, so congratulations on taking the first step!
Whether you are here to sort out your emotions, get help with something in which you are struggling, get help for someone you love, or just want to understand yourself better, I am so glad you are here.
You are taking the first step in creating an opportunity for yourself, for your family, and ultimately, for the world around you. Take some time to browse through my services because this is a relationship and for it to be successful, we need to make sure we are the right fit for each other.
My Therapy Services
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), and I follow a systems method of treatment.
This means that I work with individuals, families, and couples, but that I always view our work through the system around an issue. For example, if as a parent you are concerned about your child’s ADHD, I would diagnose and create a treatment plan around helping your family better adapt to this diagnosis. Unsure about what this means? Click here for a case study to show how I do what I do.
According to AAMFT’s website, people chose LMFT’s to help them because of the brief, solution-focused treatment they provide. Check out their website for some pretty interesting statistics including:
“Marital and family therapy requires LESS time (only 9 to 12 sessions on average) than the typical individual treatment to see results.”
* New Service*
Are you unsure about therapy? Maybe you have never tried it or you are not sure if your family will get anything out of it. Maybe you have a jam packed schedule and the idea of having to get everyone to a therapy office once a week is daunting.
I created a therapy program that allows me to come to your home and do the first steps of therapy with your family over the course of four weeks. I am calling a family therapy test run because in the end, you decide if you want to keep working together or if you just want some referral recommendations.
The up and coming, blame free method of therapy that can change the way your family interacts with each other by uncovering patterns of interaction.
I have worked with families struggling with:
- Drug and alcohol dependency issues
- Transitioning into different stages of life (middle school kids to teens for example)
- Intense marital conflict
- Socio-economic status issues like financial changes, moving, etc.
Learn the root of the issues between you and your partner and strengthen communication skills so that you can strengthen your relationship.
I have helped couples work through things like:
- Personality disorders
- Significant psychiatric disorders diagnosed for one or both of the individuals in the couple like Schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or other personality disorders
- Abuse (emotional, physical, and/or sexual)
- Continuous arguing and fighting
- Dependency issues (relational, drugs, etc.)
- Military deployment or any other extended time away from the other spouse
Being a teen is really hard. By creating a safe place to talk, teens are able to open up and sort through their emotions. to prepare them to become healthy adults.
I have an extensive background working with adolescents who are struggling with:
- Gender identity
- Eating disorders
- Significant anxiety disorders
- Mood regulation issues
Starting therapy when your child is young can help create positive patterns that will last them into adulthood. I work with kids ages 2 and up on emotional and interactional skills.
My areas of expertise include children ages 2-13 with specific needs like:
- Conduct disorders
- Anger issues
- Anxiety issues
Before you begin your life journey together, create positive stepping stones for your relationship. Figuring things out before you get married is crucial to martial satisfaction.
I can help couples who are planning to get married with:
- Strengthening communication skills
- Building a plan together
- Identifying key components that brought you together and using those to help strengthen your relationship
- Developing stepping stones for major topics like parenting, budgeting, managing in-law’s, etc.
Losing someone close to you is never easy, but it is vital to process the thoughts and feelings surrounding the loss in order to continue to have healthy relationships.
I can help families and individuals cope with:
- Loss of loved one
- Stages of grief and processing emotions
Eating disorders are incredibly complex and take constant work to manage. I can help handle the thoughts and feelings associated with your relationship with food.
I can assist you and your family with:
- Understanding the complex patterns that happen around food for both the family and the person with the disorder
- Addressing the cultural and social patterns that help maintain an eating disorder
- Working on self-image and self-worth
- Helping create or work with a current treatment team around how to best help the person with the disorder
- Addressing and working on the symptoms of possible other co-occurring disorders
Military Family Counseling
Military families go through tremendous changes they may at times feel like they are on a rollercoaster. You can get help navigating the losses and gains your family may experience.
I can help families work on:
- Transitioning from locations
- Transitioning between having the military person gone and home
- Grief associated around deployments or possible injuries
- The concept of death and what it means to fight for our country
About Kelley Eubanks, LMFT
I have been clinically trained to ensure that each person in the room feels heard, cared about, and comfortable to share their thoughts and feelings. I will challenge each individual involved so that new opportunities may be created for change.
My method is different than most therapists you meet. In working with a systemic model of therapy, I look for patterns of behavior and help interrupt those patterns and create new patterns. The story your family has been telling about you, your parents, your siblings, or anyone for that matter can be re-written with some work around understanding.
Remember, The First Step is The Hardest
You and I both know that your happiness is invaluable so create the opportunity to live your best life by contacting me today.